My family are really into milkshake at the moment and this Cadburys Mini Egg milkshake definitely hits the spot.
One of our favourite Friday evening things to do is head out for a shake. Milkshakes have also turned into a regular after Sunday dinner treat. One Sunday a few weeks ago, I was hunting around for something to flavour the ice cream with as frozen mango had been deemed too healthy and we were out of Oreos. (Wow is Oreo milkshake good! Use the same recipe as below but use 12 original Oreos instead of the Mini Eggs. It’s gorgeous.) I came across a couple of bags of Mini Eggs. Regular readers of my blog will know that I’m not a massive chocolate fan but Cadburys Mini Eggs are definitely an exception. It’s the sugar shell that does it for me.
Anyway, I decided to try a Mini Egg milkshake and the whole family agreed that it really works. The vanilla ice cream is the perfect base for the chocolate eggs, but what I really like is that the sugar shell manages to hold its own. You definitely know it’s a Cadburys Mini Egg shake.
It’s also super pretty, decorated with a few mini eggs and a pastel straw. It makes the perfect Easter treat. In fact, it’s so good that I reckon the Easter Bunny would love it.
Cadburys Mini Egg Milkshake
- 180 g (1½ cup) Cadburys Mini Eggs
- 400 ml (1½ cup) milk
- 600 ml (6 big scoops) vanilla ice cream
- 250 ml (1 cup) double cream
- 1 teaspoon hot chocolate powder
- Whip the cream until it stands in soft peaks.
- Put the Mini Eggs and milk in the blender and blend until the mini eggs are finely processed. Add the ice cream and pulse, then blend, until you have a thick, creamy milkshake.
- Pour into glasses and pipe or spoon on the cream. Dust lightly with hot chocolate powder* then add the mini eggs and a straw.
So cute! These are beautifully photographed!
Thank you. I’m so glad you love the pic’s.
Love the look and the sound of these milkshakes! So decadent and delicious 🙂 #recipeoftheweek
Oh my, this looks delightful!! I’m definitely going to make one these as I LOVE mini eggs! x
So do I. I was so excited when I found a way to drink them!
Cooking with kids
This looks fantastic. I’m definitely going to make this for my kids (and for me!). thanks for sharing with #recipeoftheweek
I’m sure your kids will love it as much as mine do. Brace yourself, you might have to buy a lot of mini eggs! 🙂
This looks amazing!!! Thanks for sharing! x