I’ve been making this orange, feta and olive salad for years now and I love it. The flavours are bold and it looks beautiful. It’s also really quick and easy to get on the table. My favourite time to eat this is a Saturday lunch time, preferably in the garden, with some toasted wholemeal pitta or crusty fresh bread on the side.
Lots of recipes that call for raw garlic seem to use a whole clove. My recipe states 1 clove of garlic but feel free to add as much or as little as you like. I love raw garlic in summery foods but I only ever add the tiniest bit, about ⅛ of the clove, that’s definitely enough for me. So do what you want here – follow your taste buds.
Now all we need is the sun to stay out…
Orange, Feta and Olive Salad
- 5 oranges (divided)
- 4 large handfuls of rocket spinach or watercress, or any other dark leaved salad
- 150 g feta (drained (1 cup crumbled))
- 1 good handful of your favourite olives (I like to use green olives marinated in herbs and garlic)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin if you have it)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 clove garlic (finely crushed)