Orange, Feta and Olive Salad
Course: Lunch, Soup and Light Dinners, Mains
Servings: 4 people
Author: Anna Bloomfield
A boldly flavoured summer salad, perfect for lunch in the garden.
- 5 oranges (divided)
- 4 large handfuls of rocket spinach or watercress, or any other dark leaved salad
- 150 g feta (drained (1 cup crumbled))
- 1 good handful of your favourite olives (I like to use green olives marinated in herbs and garlic)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (extra virgin if you have it)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 clove garlic (finely crushed)
Peel and dice four of the oranges.
Combine the oranges, leaves and olives in a bowl.
Crumble the feta over the top of the salad.
Whisk together the juice of the final orange, the olive oil, salt and as much of the garlic as you like. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
Calories: 244kcal (12%) | Carbohydrates: 21g (7%) | Protein: 7g (14%) | Fat: 15g (23%) | Saturated Fat: 6g (30%) | Cholesterol: 33mg (11%) | Sodium: 440mg (18%) | Potassium: 362mg (10%) | Fiber: 3g (12%) | Sugar: 16g (18%) | Vitamin A: 810IU (16%) | Vitamin C: 93.1mg (113%) | Calcium: 254mg (25%) | Iron: 0.6mg (3%)