Easy Lunch Box Caprese Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Servings: 1 person
This Easy Lunch Box Caprese Salad is a fantastically simple no-cook lunch box salad that is full of the good stuff, contains no nasties at all and is interesting enough to keep you making it week after week.
- 1 really good handful mixed leaves
- 1 pepper (diced)
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 10 black olives (halved)
- 1 ball mozzarella (diced)
- A few basil leaves
For the dressing
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Place the leaves into the bottom of your lunch box.
Top with the pepper, tomatoes, olives, mozzarella and basil leaves.
Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Measure the dressing ingredients into a separate container and store separately.
Feel free to change things round.
- Protein - Try left over chicken or sausage, some prawns or tuna, keep it veggie with hard boiled eggs or go vegan with artichoke hearts and avocado.
- Flavour – Add some capers, swap the olives to green, add sun dried tomatoes, use parsley or chives in place of the basil or add some toasted pine nuts.
- Dressing – Go with what you want here but I love the olive oil/balsamic vinegar combo. I use loads (about ml olive/basil oil and ml balsamic vinegar) but use as much or little as you like. If you want low fat and low carb then try soy sauce. It’s surprisingly good!
- Carbs – Serve with a bread roll on the side if you wish, or add in some left over pasta or boiled potato. Cooked quinoa, couscous or lentils would also work well. The salad is quite big, so you may wish to reduce the size of it a bit if adding in carbs.
Calories: 378kcal (19%) | Carbohydrates: 7g (2%) | Protein: 7g (14%) | Fat: 37g (57%) | Saturated Fat: 6g (30%) | Cholesterol: 10mg (3%) | Sodium: 665mg (28%) | Potassium: 291mg (8%) | Fiber: 2g (8%) | Sugar: 2g (2%) | Vitamin A: 1640IU (33%) | Vitamin C: 34.3mg (42%) | Calcium: 150mg (15%) | Iron: 1.5mg (8%)